Starkville Car Accident Attorneys
Representing Injured Victims in Mississippi
In the blink of an eye, a car accident can completely change your life. Depending on the severity of the crash and the types of injuries you sustained, you may be facing significant medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering.
Whether your accident was caused by a negligent driver, unsafe road conditions, or even a large semi truck, you should not have to pay the physical, emotional, and financial toll. At Vollor Law Firm, P.A., our Starkville car accident lawyers are ready to help you fight for justice and hold the responsible party accountable.
We have represented thousands of car accident victims and have recovered millions on their behalf.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are roughly six million car accidents in the U.S. every year, thousands of which occur in Mississippi. Many accidents cause serious injuries – and some are even fatal. Car accidents can happen to anyone, even great drivers who operate their vehicles with care.
You may have a claim if your car accident was caused by:
- A negligent driver
- A drunk driver
- Dangerous roads
- Faulty car parts
- Roadwork/construction sites
Injuries sustained in these incidents can prove devastating, both physically and financially. You deserve to focus on recovering and moving on from the accident rather than worrying about the legal implications. Our Starkville car accident attorneys can handle the legal work for you so that you can heal.
Common Injuries in Car Accident Cases
Car accidents can happen hast and without warming. Many of them result in injuries that can take years to recover from. The following are some of the injuries that may occur from a car accident:
- Neck and back sprains
- Broken bones and fractures
- Shoulder injuries
- Head injuries
- Wrongful death
Is it Worth Hiring a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
If you were hit by another vehicle during an accident that was caused by no fault of your own, you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced car accident attorney can help you get the maximum compensation you need to recover. Insurance companies don’t want to grant you more than they have to.
A car accident attorney can also guide you on the best way to proceed with your case and ensure your rights are protected. They can review police reports, examine property damage and negotiate a satisfactory settlement with insurance companies. Additionally, a lawyer may be able to assist you in obtaining compensation for any medical bills or car repair costs associated with the car accident.
It is important to remember that having an experienced car accident lawyer on your side gives you peace of mind that your interests are being represented during this difficult time. Let our dedicated legal team of Mississippi car accident lawyers guide you to the settlements you deserve while you focus on recovering.
Why a Police Report Is Important to Your Car Accident Case
Typically it takes about 48 hours for the police officer to generate their report, but once it's complete you have every right to obtain a copy. This report can be crucial to your case! The investigating officer will gather important information such as:
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- Type and extent of damage to vehicles and other property
- Personal information and statements from all persons involved
- Weather and road conditions at the time of the accident
- Descriptions of injuries to all involved
- Detailed vehicle descriptions
Additionally, if drugs or alcohol are suspected contributing factors, the police officer will conduct field sobriety tests. Before you and the investigating officer leaves the scene of the accident, be sure to get the service number of the report so you can get your copy when it's complete. If you don't have the service number, then you will need to provide the exact date and location of the accident in order to get a copy along with your personal identification.
Police reports are incredibly persuasive for injury claims. Unlike the insurance adjuster who will likely offer a low-ball settlement amount at first, the police officer was physically at the scene as an objective witness. As an authority of the law, they have been trained to provide a reliable evaluation, therefore providing automatic credibility to your case.
How to Prove Liability After a Car Accident in Starkville
After a car accident, it's important to consider if you deserve compensation. Contacting a car accident attorney near you and in the Starkville, Mississippi area can be helpful. There are a few factors to prove liability after a car crash, and those factors play into how much and whether you receive compensation.
To win a Mississippi car accident case, generally, you should be able to prove the following:
- Duty of Care - A duty of care means that the driver must follow laws and use reasonable care when operating their vehicle.
- Breach - A breach that violates the driver's duty of care should be proven. Carelessness can include texting and driving or recklessly speeding. However, there are several examples.
- Causation - To file a claim or lawsuit, your Starkville car accident lawyer should be able to prove they acted negligently.
- Damages - You must be able to prove that you've suffered damages as a result of the crash. Typing together the breach of duty of care and causation is essential when proving damages.
How to Obtain a Mississippi Car Accident Police Report
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Mississippi, a police report is a vitally important record of events that can provide insight into the investigation of the car crash you experienced. The Mississippi Department of Public Safety provides police reports for a fee ranging between $15 and $20. You can gain access to a police report from a car accident by submitting an online, in-person, or by-mail request.
If you need a police report from a car accident in Mississippi, you can access records in three ways:
- By submitting an online request to the Mississippi Department of Public Safety. Online accident reports are granted by Mississippi law to interested parties (Miss. Code Ann. § 63-3-417.) Interested parties include next of kin, insurers, legal representative, or an agent of the accident victim.
- By submitting a request in-person to the local department in the city or jurisdiction where the accident occurred. The local Mississippi Highway Patrol office or police station will have a record of the incident.
- By submitting a mail-in request to the Mississippi Department of Public Safety. You can send a request to the Mississippi Department of Public Safety through the mail at: Driver Records Division, P.O Box 958, Jackson, MS, 39205. You can confirm your request by calling: 601-987-1224.
Our Starkville Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
With over 25 years of experience, we have worked on several car accident cases in our time. We understand the ins and outs of these cases and know how to take an effective approach.
Our team is results-driven and client-focused, ensuring that you receive the personalized attention you deserve while fighting hard for a favorable resolution. With offices in Starkville and Vicksburg, we serve clients throughout Mississippi.
Visit our car accident lawyer reviews to see why clients choose our Starkville law firm when they need the top Mississippi car accident lawyer.
Recommended Blog Posts:
$500,000 Serious Leg Injury Personal Injury
Vollor Law Firm obtained Mississippi's max claim of $500,000 for a minor who was injured at his high school when a trailer fell on his leg resulting in three spots removed and multiple surgeries of his foot.
Not Guilty Kidnapping and Capital Rape Criminal Defense
After being accused of kidnapping and forcibly raping a young woman, a 26-year-old Choctaw County man was facing two life sentences in prison, if convicted.
$380,000 Motorcycle Accident Personal Injury
A client was riding his motorcycle when a van pulled out in front of him, causing him to break his leg and sustain multiple surgeries.